PDS Tech Inc Structures / Fatigue and Damage Tolerance in Wichita, Kansas
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Structures / Fatigue and Damage Tolerance, in Wichita, KS.
The Structures / Fatigue and Damage Tolerance engineer will be responsible and involved in all aspects of our products.
From continued field support of legacy to on-going line support and aftermarket product enhancements.
Emphasis is on ensuring that the airframe is both durable (free from cracks) and tolerant of the unexpected damage that might occur during its operational life.
Responsible for ensuring the aircraft is structurally sound throughout the operating envelope
I. Perform advanced structural analysis using a range of mathematical, testing, and computational methods.
II. Assist with material selection, configuration and sizing for new airframe structures as well as providing production and field support for existing aircraft.
III. Work alongside other organizations from engineering, customer service, ISC, flight test, and airworthiness to support a broad range of projects by providing your technical expertise.
IV. Field support will include the design evaluations, ensuring that all aircraft meet fatigue, strength, and stability requirements.
V. Work with various groups within Product Engineering to develop structural test procedures and pass/fail criteria.
VI. Support FAA and foreign authorities in technical discussions on certification, and continued airworthiness issues.
VII. Involvement in root cause analysis of complex failures to improve aircraft reliability. Including support of accident investigations.
VIII. Keep detailed Stress Notes on design changes and production non-conformances
IX. Participate in the development and improvement of the team’s processes and tools.
• Bachelor’s degree required in:
o Aerospace Engineering
o Mechanical Engineering
o Other related field
• 10+ years fatigue and damage tolerance analysis engineering experience is required
• Experience in basic structural analysis techniques, finite element stress analysis, static and dynamic loads development, and materials.
• Working knowledge of CATIA V5
• Knowledge of aircraft design and production methods.
• Must be proficient in MS Office
• Professional and diplomatic demeanor
• Strong sense of accountability and integrity
• Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to manage projects of various size and scope.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.