Aerotek Test Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
• Provide DFT direction to R&D at the concept stage of new product development
• Devise the overall manufacturing and service and configuration strategy for new products.
• Design, develop, and influence the various automated production systems required to implement the product test strategy.
• Detailed project planning to ensure that all production systems are developed, debugged, and validated in time for production pilot run.
• Partner with R&D and Mfg. Engineering to develop contract manufacturing ready and reliable test systems, jigs & fixturing.
• Effective use of WinSPC and measure system evaluation tools in NPI to ensure stable test system are deployed in manufacturing and service.
• Installation and validation of production systems at the final production facility.
• Documented and defined product test strategy at product concept phase.
• Optimized test Cycle Time, while maintain effective and agreed upon test coverage.
• WinSPC Repeatability and Reliability
• Optimal test coverage, capability, and test stand capacity at specified budget constraints.
Python, linux shell, powershell, RF, NPI, cycle time, ansi c, radio technology, digital, audio, ansi, sql, test documentation, new product development, electrical
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 4-year Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing automated functional test, both hardware and software
• Competent in Digital/Audio/RF/Microwave communications and test equipment
• Knowledge of industry standard test technologies and methods
• Program language experience with emphasis on ANSI C and familiarity with languages such as Python, PowerShell, Linux Shell
• IDE programing experience with LabWindows CVI and NI TestStand
• SQL database programming experience for test record and data management
• General knowledge of statistical process control concepts and use of tools for analysis and reporting.
• General knowledge of measurement uncertainties and calibration traceability to national standards.
• Test documentation experience such as specifications, procedures, installation instructions, interconnects, assembly drawings, preventive maintenance
• Project planning experience
• Communicates effectively with the team, interdepartmental stakeholders, and contract manufactures.
• Engages actively with the team and manager reporting status while working on objectives.
• Demonstrates leadership skills and self-motivation.
• Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time to contract manufacturing sites.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.