Wescon Controls Toolmaker Trainee in Wichita, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11643919
The primary role is to support the Tool and Die Makers with the fabrication of precision tooling and machinery used in the manufacturing of Wescon Controls product lines.
· Prepare material for tool jobs by using measuring tools and manual machine shop equipment.
· Follow instructions of Tool & Die Maker with the fabrication, assembly, and repairs of precision parts.
· Fabricate prototype parts using a variety of manual machine shop equipment.
· Continued growth and understanding in machine shop practices using available equipment.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
· Must have a strong understanding of machine shop safety.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints.
· Basic machine shop mathematics.
· Ability to read measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, steel rules, & etc.
· Ability to operate hand tools such as files, wrenches, screw drivers, and grinders.
· Knowledge and experience in operation of conventional mills, lathes, & grinders.
· The work environment is climate controlled.
· The candidate will occasionally be exposed to excessive noise typical to a machine shop.
· The employee will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
· Must be able to frequently lift and move up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to work standing for up to 10 hours a day.
Required education and experience:
· High school diploma or GED
Preferred education and experience
· Two (2) years or more of Vocational Training in Machine and Tool Technology
Additional eligibility qualifications: (additional requirements such as certifications, industry-specific experience and the experience working with certain equipment)
· Experience with CNC machining
· Understand material properties used in the fabrication of precision tooling.